Sunday, June 14, 2009

Saturday Night Car Show In Fullerton

Late yesterday after noon I decided to head over to a local car show in Fullerton. I asked the girls if they wanted to go and Ava was the first one in the car. After hangin' out there for a little while when noticed the announcer talking on the microphone running their 50/50 raffle and handing out show trophies. So the girls and I moved our chairs closer so that we can hear who the winners are. After about the 5th trophy was announced Nayah asked "dad if we win a trophy can I go get it?" I was like "yeah, But you have to speak in the microphone"... Next came the trophy for the coolest car. The announcer proceeded to say the winner is #6, a Black, completely original, 1948 Plymouth Special Deluxe. I was like WTF... Thats us. Nayah ran up to receive the trophy and speak in the microphone. Here are a couple of photos taken with my iphone.





Here's the coolest car trophy

3 comments:

Tom Ogletree said...

I want to say what a lovely car you have there. I have a 47 Special Deluxe businessmans coupe that I saved out of a field. It is not running now..I used the Marvel oil as well and that did the trick.
Thanks for the sound bytes they gave me hope..LOL Good luck and God bless your Dad for having the love for older things and you for caring as much as your Dad.

Tom

Del said...

really nice work the car looks like its new. just picked up a 48 straight 6 i hope it goes as good as yours did

Unknown said...

I love looking at your page! I wasn't your normal little girl growing up. I loved helping my Grandpa with his cars, and he taught me a lot and I grew to love old cars like he did. When I was 16, I talked my parents into letting me buy a 1948 Plymouth Special DeLuxe Business Sedan. I left it all original for the last 14 years. I finally have taken the dive and started re-doing it. I love seeing how others have done theirs! Wonderful car!